My Gear

Here's a quick overview of my recording setup. This will give you an idea of how easy it is for me to put a drum track together - much easier than carting round a whole drum kit and acoustic recording rig.


The Drums

The most important part of my setup is obviously the drums themselves. I use a Roland TD15-KV V-Drum kit which is just fantastic. The feel is great, the sounds are natural and it has the flexibility to provide Stereo Aux Jack and MIDI connectivity.




Audio Interface

For Stereo recording I use a Scarlett 2i2 interface to connect the V-Drums to my laptop. For MIDI recording I wouldn't use this as the V-Drums have their own direct MIDI connectivity. I also use the Audio Interface if I'm recording bass, guitar or keys.

The box on top of the interface is just a cheap amplifier I bought for my speakers.




Laptop & DAW Software

My laptop is nothing overly special - it is a very standard HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 on 12Gb of RAM. This setup is all about keeping costs down!

For a DAW I currently use Reaper. Again, this was selected to keep things cheap but Reaper does provide all the necessary functionality that any other expensive DAW package would.


Comments